Your family is the most precious thing you have. The friends that you have today may not be your friends in the future but your family will always be your family. Some people make the mistake of not giving their family much attention and taking them for granted.
Working abroad while your children are back home can be difficult. It means missing out on certain aspects and events in their lives. You literally miss some of the growing up years of your kids, no matter how regularly you try to keep in touch with them. You fear that your children will get into trouble or stop respecting your authority as a parent. It can be difficult even with your partner because you will distant from them. You will not see each other every day and there can be a problem with a lack of trust. You can start arguing about everything. Basis of the relationship are trust and communication.
Here are some solutions to family problems:
1. Communication – is the key and often the first step to finding solutions. Be calm and honest about your concerns when discussing your problems with a loved one.
2. Accept differencies – it can help you avoiding unnecessary conflicts if you can recognise that people have different ideas, opinions, beliefs and you may not always be in agreement.
3. Have fun together – even when things are difficult it is important to find the time to have fun with your loved ones.
4. Get help – you may not always be able to solve your problems by yourself so you may need to talk to your friends or parents.
5. Have some rituals – like texting „I love you“, traditions such as going to the same restaurant on every anniversary.
Think of your family today and every day there after, don´t let the busy world of today keep you from showing how much you love and appreciate your family.
Kika Hurtuková (4.C)